Happy New Year!
There is something about starting a new year. It feels like a clean slate; a fresh start. It’s being able to accomplish goals that I wasn’t able to last year. This past year wasn’t necessarily bad for me, it just wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. However, I have hope that this year will be everything that I want it to be. I will get more into what exactly I am talking about in another post, but for today, I wanted to share my goals for both this blog and for my life.
If you are interested, keep on reading! 😉
Starting off with this blog, there is a lot I want to accomplish that I didn’t last year. I think my blog has been through a transition phase for the last 2 years that I just didn’t know what to do with it. So with that being said, here are my goals:
- Post 3-4 times a week. This is something that I need to make happen. I wasn’t very good with sticking to a schedule and I think that’s where my downfall was with posting. I am going to stick with the same schedule that I had in mind, which is Monday, Tuesday & Thursday. If I can, Friday will be 4th day.
- Post 2-3 times a week on Instagram. Again, this was another thing that I was so bad at. I wasn’t posting on Instagram like I used to because I honestly saw it as a chore rather than for fun. I have the same problem with my personal Instagram. I also want to start posting more stories on my blog Instagram as well.
- Reach 1000 followers on Instagram! Ah, I’ve been fluctuating between 750 & 800 for the longest time that I am ready to hit 1000 already haha. Hopefully with posting more and interacting A LOT more, this will happen.
- Continue to post makeup & beauty posts, as well as more personal posts. Just like everyone else, we all go through things, but tend to post the happier moments. I want to be real & transparent, so posting personal posts will hopefully allow you to get to know me a bit more.
I can’t think of anything else at the moment, but those are definitely at the top of my list. I am really hoping that the motivation I have now will last me for the majority of the year!
I have a few goals that I would like to accomplish this year and number one is getting pregnant! I am going to do a whole post on this, but it definitely has been a struggle. Getting pregnant was something that I thought could happen right away, but it really doesn’t work that way haha. Anyways, I will explain more in another post and take you through what has been going on. The rest of my goals are:
- Stay healthy. 2018 was definitely the year of the Doctors. I’ve been getting check ups with my GP & Dentist, getting skincare procedures done and checking in with a Dietitian. I’ve neglected my health for so long, as I truly thought I was invincible, but 2018 really made me open my eyes and not be so naive anymore. I’m happy that I am on the right track, but there is still a lot of work to do. I also need to work on my mental health, as a lot of things have been getting to me lately. I never thought Social Media would ever affect me in a negative light, but it has, so that is something I need to work on.
- Exercise 4-5 days a week. This could be included with staying healthy, but exercising needs its own category. I suck at working out, plain & simple. I stick with it for a couple of weeks and then I am done. This year instead of doing the whole gym thing, I am hoping to switch up the activities I am doing.
- Live in the moment. This one is hard to do sometimes. I have the tendency of always looking to the future or rehashing memories from the past. I found that i’m not as present as I would like to be. I am hoping for more social media breaks, less time spend on my phone and more time spent with my Husband and family. This one could be difficult for me, as social media has become a big part of my life, but I know how necessary it is to take breaks.
I have a few other goals that I wanted to share that don’t really fit in either categories:
- Read 50 books this year. Every year I have goal set to 100, but it just isn’t realistic for me. I love to read, so I hope this one will get accomplished!
- Keep a daily journal. I have honestly said this every year for the last 4-5 years and yet, it hasn’t happened. I have started one today using Penzu Journal online and it allows reminders to write, so cross your fingers that I will accomplish this goal (finally) this year!
- Finish the book that I’ve been writing for years. This was one of my hobbies that I had and I just never got around to finishing it. I’ve been attached to this book, so I never wanted it to end it, but it’s time. I am really excited about this one.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my goals this year. It’s always enjoyable for me to look back on the previous year and reflect. A lot of times, you don’t realize how far you’ve come until a new year starts.
With that being said, I wish you all the luck with your goals this year & for it to be a kick-ass year!