Happy 2018! I know I’m a week late, but I thought I would give myself that first week off from blogging and focus on getting back to work, making sure my house stays clean and just enjoying that first week with my Husband.
Now that we have one full week of the new year, many of us have made resolutions or goals for ourselves. They can range from going to the gym more, eating healthy, quitting smoking etc. I always love hearing those goals, as so many people want to accomplish something large like that, including myself, but they aren’t always realistic.
I always found that resolutions made on such a large scale are never really accomplished. Baby steps are the way to go. Instead of saying, “I want to go the gym more this year”, it could be “I want to accomplish going to the gym 3 times this week.” Once the next week comes, it’s a new set of goals.
Anyways, that is how I feel about resolutions. As you can probably see, I don’t call them that, I call them goals & that is what I am going to be sharing with you today. My goals for 2018!
My goals for this year include both personal & blogging goals. I always like to go back from last year and see if I actually accomplished the ones I made for myself. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t and that is okay. Here are my blogging goals from last year:
From looking at these goals, I can honestly say I didn’t accomplish a whole lot. The posting consistently took a huge hit, as I think last year was the worst year for blogging. I wasn’t really active on social media either. I did learn to take pictures when I had prime lighting, so that is one thing that I am happy about.
Last but not least, create content I love. This was a huge goal of mine and I have mentioned it many times before. In order for me to keep blogging, I need to create content that I love and not content that follows trends. That doesn’t keep me going. I want to write informative posts that are not only helpful, but are fun to read. I think creating content that I thoroughly enjoy started happening late last year and it will only continue for years to come.
- Post Consistently: I have been saying this year after year, but this will be the year that I will make sure to have content out when I want it out. No more random posting. I am still going to work on the days, but I will let you know
- Use Social Media: This one is another big one that I slowly started using again. Now that I have the right tools, I can post more and gain a following. Instagram has been good to me, but I need to keep going. My goal for Instagram is to have 1000 followers by the end of the year. If you want to be part of that goal follow me here 🙂
- Take The Time To Write: When it comes to writing posts I love, I need to give myself the time to write these posts. I don’t want to have short posts that mean nothing. I want long posts that provide information.
- Read 100 Books: I am setting the goal high for book reading. I have failed the last 2 years with this goal, but I am determined to achieve it. If you are a book lover like me, follow me on Goodreads. We can encourage each other!
- Stay Healthy: This includes being both mentally and physically healthy. Last year took a toll on me, big time, and I am hoping to do all that I can to prevent it from happening this year. I have been looking into meditation apps, keeping active and doing things that make me happy.
- Write More: I love to write. It has always been a passion of mine and I have been constantly writing short stories on my computer, as a way to convey my thoughts and get whatever made up stories I have in my head, out there. I love it, but I haven’t been doing it a lot lately. I am hoping to complete one of my stories, as it would be one of my biggest accomplishments.
That is all for my goals! I do have some other ones (more private ones), but those are the main ones that have been on my mind for the longest time.
If you feel like it, please share what you want to accomplish in 2018. I would love to hear from you!